Saturday 12 January 2013

What goats?


The 1st Sunday in January. The skies are grey & its drizzling. How depressing. 

I could have easily stayed in bed all day, but my owners decided to pop me into my doggie bag & take me across to central London for a walk. I was not impressed.






We parked up close to Marble Arch (central London) & I begrudgingly climbed out of my bag.  Umbrellas up, a nice big stretch & yawn from me & I was ready for a bit of a stroll & sniff.  Its amazing how quickly you can find some nice quiet side streets in such central parts of London. Heading towards Marylebone, we crossed over Baker St - yes, that is the street where the famous detective Sherlock Holmes lived & after popping into a kitchen store (boring) on bustling Marylebone High St, we looped back round & headed back south towards Marble Arch.  



Just as my little legs were starting to ache, I looked up to see we were outside The Grazing Goat, a gastro-pub I'd been to before. 
This place is also a small hotel & has a formal restaurant upstairs, but dogs are not allowed in those areas.










I had a jolly nice time looking around & my little mouth watered at the smell of the roast dinners.

I also exchanged a few barks with a cute little pug that trotted in & sat at a nearby table with an American couple.  I think our barking made people jump; being 2 little pooches I think we'd pretty much gone unnoticed by fellow diners. 











The waitresses made quite a fuss of me & bought me a massive bowl of water (many times bigger than my head!) - I was made to feel v welcome... I did however get told to sit back on the floor, after having a short sit on my owners knee.



 













My owners said the Sunday Roast was one of the best they'd ever eaten (they're just trying to make me jealous!).  The dish of the day (pan fried haddock with courgette & tomato cracked wheat) was apparently very tasty (I preferred the smell of the meat dish personally) & a good January healthy option (why do humans get so obsessed with being healthy in January?).














As well as loving the food, my owners liked the relaxed vibe of The Grazing Goat*, the hunting-lodge like décor, the lovely views onto quaint New Quebec Street & the friendly service. 

*wondering where the name came from? apparently way back when, the land where the Grazing Goat now stands, used to have goats grazing on it. Must have been a long long time ago as this is in the heart of central London!

I'm looking forward to our next visit....








The Grazing Goat, 

6 New Quebec St,
London,
W1H 7RQ

http://www.thegrazinggoat.co.uk/home.html





Date of visit: Sunday 6th January, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment